- Sleep up to 4 (2 Adults Max)
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathroom: 1
1 Queen Bed in the bedroom
1 Sofa bed in the living area
Chris’ Cove (cottage #42) is a modern cottage (built in 2011) It is one of our hypoallergenic rental with all synthetic duvets and pillows, smoke free and pets free. It has room for 2 Adults and 2 children. It is furnished with full kitchen, queen size bed and double hide-a-bed in living area. T.V. with DVD player, WiFi, Netflix, Ipod dock and electric fire place. Wood burning fire pit outside on wrap-around deck. The Cove can accomodate two comfortably or a family of four. Exceptional Pacific Northwest Rainforest natural experience, hiking, beachcombing, surfing nearby, storm watching at Botanical Beach, world class salmon and halibut fishing, abundant wildlife and the magnificent forest of Avatar Grove; a photographer’s dream. Chris’ Cove and Ron’s Re-Creation are next door to each other.
Five minutes of walking from the cottage will get you to the Pacific Gateway Marina if you’re going fishing or you want to take in the sea air. Tommy’s Home Cooking (The THC Diner) and The Coastal Kitchen Café are a five minute walk away if you get tired of your own cooking. And the pub at the PortRenfrew Hotel is maybe a ten minute walk. They have food too.
You can get a few basic groceries at the Real Goods Market next to the THCDiner. A bigger selection of groceries including beer, wine and the hard stuff are at the General Store on Parkinson Road. It’s a good idea though to stock up on groceries on your way to Port Renfrew in Sooke or Cowichan Lake if you are travelling from the other direction. Of course everyone takes credit cards, debit cards and that ancient currency, cash.
Low Season: (Oct 1st - April 30th)
$130/night (2 night minimum)
High Season: (May 1st - Sep 30th)
$175/night (2 night minimum)
* One time cleaning fee of $60 will apply
Submit your review
We stayed two nights during an unseasonably cold May The cottage was wonderful to return home to after hiking wet trails -- nice heat, great deep bath for soaking, and extreme quiet. We only wish we could have taken advantage of the several outside seating areas that could have caught the sun as it moved through its arc. Maybe next time. Ate our dinners at the friendly Hotel Renfrew, and enjoyed simply prepared fresh food and good beers on tap.
I had never been to Port Renfrew.. Amazing piece of BC. Lush green, breath taking ocean views, the smell of sea air and this perfect little cabin among the trees. Clean, privet and all the modern necessities one needs.. As close to rustic as I want to get. Can't forget to mention the fire pit.. Nothing like roasting hot dogs and marshmallows til ur stuffed and on a sugar high. Gem of a place to get away from it all. To the owners... Thanks for sharing😉
Great little place to get away from the city. You can walk to everything nearby. Might want a car for Botanical Beach or other more distant local destinations. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Plenty of firewood, thanks Chris!
- Being a new cottage development, there is construction of new cottages in the area. Please refer to the Map tab of the cottage page you want to rent to view the green area that indicate the future phase. You will be able to compare where the work is, in comparison to that specific cottage you wish to rent. The work will be going from Monday to Thursday from approximatively 7am to 7pm. Weekends will be left with minimal activity.
- There is no cell service in Port Renfrew.
- All cottage are provided with WIFI :)
- There is no gas station in Port Renfrew, but it is coming up soon :)
- The cottages are fully equipped with dishes, towels and sheets
- Firewood for the outdoor fire pit is also provided. (Useful to bring: Paper and or fire starter for outdoor fire pit.)
- 4PM Check-in time / 11am Check-out time