- Sleep Up to 4 (with the use of sofa bed)
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathroom: 1
Bedroom: 1 Queen Bed
Living room: 1 Sofa Bed
For larger groups, the Explorer's Retreat can be rented with the bunkhouse (sleeps an additional 2 people). Book the configuration that best suits your needs.
* YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING THIS OPTION.
* Please note this cottage has an additional bunkhouse offer at additional cost should you choose to add it. (It will not be rented to a different party, but only offer as an add on)
* YOU ARE RENTING BOTH:
(A) The main cottage (sleep up to 4) with the use of the sofa bed.
(B) Cottage + Bunkhouse (Sleep up to 6) In addition to the cottage, the bunkhouse is equipped with 1 double bed.
The Explorer’s Retreat is one of our cottages at Handsome Dan’s and is Pet Friendly. It can accommodate 2 comfortably, or a family of 4 with the use of the sofa bed.
This charming cottage is located in Port Renfrew, British Columbia, and evokes a sense of rustic charm while also featuring a number of modern upgrades and amenities. There is an open living and kitchen area with everything guests need for a comfortable stay. Guests can cook up a feast in the fully-equipped kitchen that includes a stove and oven, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffeemaker. There is also a small dining table, a cozy couch, and gas fire place. The stylish queen-sized bedroom has a flat-screen TV, Apple TV, and Netflix. The living area has a flat-screen TV, DVD player, and Netflix, as well as a comfortable, double-sized pull-out sofa bed for additional sleeping. The bathroom has a combination shower and tub, and Wi-Fi is installed throughout the cabin. Beautiful nature photographs also adorn the walls, captured by local photographer TJ Watt.
Outside, you will find a large south facing front deck with a sitting area that is great for enjoying a morning coffee or relaxing with a glass of wine in the evening. Guests can also enjoy scenic barbecues with the propane barbecue, as well as roast marshmallows around the fire pit. Perfect after a day of exploring Port Renfrew!
Low Season: (Oct 1st- April 30)
$130/night (2 nights minimum)
High Season: (May 1st - Sep 30th)
$175/night (2 nights minimum)
Cancelation Policy: Guest must cancel or modify booking 24h before check-in time (4PM). Any cancellation or reduced stay made less than 24h Prior check in will be charge in full.
* One time cleaning fee of $70 per reservation will apply
Submit your review
Stayed for one night but we wanted to stay longer! Cabin was cozy and clean, had everything needed for a comfortable stay. Will definitely be back, Thank you!
Excellent all around Cottage was well euipped and very cleanwe will be returning.
Great experience. Very clean, comfortable,quiet, cozy cottage with all the features necessary. Port Renfrew is beautiful with amazing hikes, beaches and wildlife. Will definately recommend it and return again.
The only drawback would be the numerous instructions for the cottage.
- Being a new cottage development, there is construction of new cottages in the area. Please refer to the Map tab of the cottage page you want to rent to view the green area that indicate the future phase. You will be able to compare where the work is, in comparison to that specific cottage you wish to rent. The work will be going from Monday to Thursday from approximatively 7am to 7pm. Weekends might have some activity depending of deadlines.
- There is no cell service in Port Renfrew.
- All cottage are provided with WIFI :)
- There is no gas station in Port Renfrew, but it is coming up soon :)
- The cottages are fully equipped with dishes, towels and sheets
- Firewood for the outdoor fire pit is also provided. (Useful to bring: Paper and or fire starter for outdoor fire pit.)
- 4PM Check-in time / 11am Check-out time