1 Queen Bed in the bedroom
1 Sofa bed in the living area
Rod's Roost is one of our pet friendly Port Renfrew cabin rental. It is a modern cabin (built in 2011) with a full equipped kitchen, queen size bed and double hide-a-bed in living area, TV, with DVD player and WIFI.
The Roost features a large fully enclosed deck (perfect to keep your pets or young one safe). The long driveway accommodate for parking boats or long vehicules. Around the back, you will find a nice outdoor sitting area with fire pit and BBQ. It’s only a few steps to the community deck with great views of the water onto San Juan Bay and the San Juan River.
Five minutes of walking from the cottages will get you to our marina if you’re going fishing or you want to take in the sea air. Tomi’s Home Cooking is just accross the street and The Coastal Kitchen Café and The Renfrew Pub are 10 minute walk away if you get tired of your own cooking. A General store including beer, wine and the hard stuff are located about 1km from the cottage on Parkinson Road. It’s a good idea though to stock up on groceries on your way to Port Renfrew in Sooke or Cowichan Lake if you are travelling from the other direction.
The Pacific Gateway Marina is 2 min of walking distance where you can go fishing the world class salmon and halibut or if you just want to take in the sea air. Enjoy a hike/walk through are exceptional Pacific Northwest Rainforest or beautiful beaches perfect for a swim, canoeing, kayaking, snorkelling, or scuba diving. Go storm watching at Botanical Beach and the magnificent forest of Avatar Grove a photographer's dream.
Low Season: (Oct 1st- April 30)
$130/night (2 nights minimum)
High Season: (May 1st - Sep 30th)
$175/night (2 nights minimum)
* One time cleaning fee of $60 will apply
Submit your review
Very cozy cottage for our family of three + 1 doggy. We came with our son and energetic labrador for SUP board and hang out at the beach. Both the bathroom and kitchen are well stocked and the barbecue is high quality! We hope to stay there again.
Great spot for our small family of three. We came with our toddler to catch some waves and hang out at the beach. The kitchen is well stocked and all in all it was a very comfortable stay. Great proximity to surf. We'll definitely do this again.
Very nice cabin for our fishing trip. We will be back.
Perfect size for 2 adults 2 kids and our fur baby! Everything we needed seemed to be there. Great day trips to botanical and sombrio beach. Even found the hidden waterfall at sombrio thanks to handsome dan's directions.
This place is so magical. I was even inspired to write a book. I'm here with my family for a relaxing holiday. It's amazing. And Rod's roost is perfect love how it's Pet Friendly.
- Being a new cottage development, there is construction of new cottages in the area. Please refer to the Map tab of the cottage page you want to rent to view the green area that indicate the future phase. You will be able to compare where the work is, in comparison to that specific cottage you wish to rent. The work will be going from Monday to Thursday from approximatively 7am to 7pm. Weekends will be left with minimal activity.
- There is no cell service in Port Renfrew.
- All cottage are provided with WIFI :)
- There is no gas station in Port Renfrew, but it is coming up soon :)
- The cottages are fully equipped with dishes, towels and sheets
- Firewood for the outdoor fire pit is also provided. (Useful to bring: Paper and or fire starter for outdoor fire pit.)
- 4PM Check-in time / 11am Check-out time