- Sleep Up to 4 (with the use of sofa bed)
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathroom: 1
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed
Living room: Sofa bed
Brand new welcoming 1BR pet friendly ocean view cottage…sleeps up to 4.
This luxury cottage is fully equipped with everything you need to enjoy your stay. It has a fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances including a dishwasher, all the essential cook ware and more. The master bedroom has a comfortable queen size bed.
In the living room a gas fireplace to cozy up your evening, and a comfy couch transforms into a queen size bed if needed. All linens and towels are supplied. The double patio doors lead to a large, spacious balcony with plenty of sitting room to eat outdoors, cook on the BBQ, or just relax and enjoy the spectacular ocean views any time of the day.
Outside, under the deck is a fireplace, the perfect place to relax and enjoy roasting marshmallows…even in the rain. (Firewood included at no extra cost).
• (Please note that our pricing is already discounted to take into consideration that work is still being done in the area)
Exceptional Pacific Northwest Rainforest natural experience, hiking, beach combing, surfing nearby, storm watching at Botanical Beach, world class salmon and halibut fishing in season (May-Oct), abundant wildlife and the magnificent forest of Avatar Grove; a photographer’s dream.
Read here what our guest have been saying about Handsome Dan’s http://handsomedans.ca/testimonials/.
Five minutes of walking from the cottages will get you to the Pacific Gateway Marina if you’re going fishing or you want to take in the sea air. Tomi’s diner and The Coastal Kitchen Café are a five minute walk away if you get tired of your own cooking. The pub at the Port Renfrew Hotel is a 15 minute walk.
You can get a few basic groceries at the Real Goods Market (open in season only) next to Tomi’s diner. A bigger selection of groceries including beer, wine and liquor can be bought at the General Store on Parkinson Road (open from 11am-7pm every day). It’s a good idea though to stock up on groceries and gas in Sooke on your way to Port Renfrew or Cowichan Lake if you are travelling from the other direction. Of course everyone takes credit cards, debit cards and that ancient currency, cash.
Low Season : (Oct 1- April 30)
$210/night (2nights minimum)
High Season: (May1- Sep 30)
$245/night (2nights minimum)
Cancelation Policy: Guest must cancel or modify booking 24h before check-in time (4PM). Any cancellation or reduced stay made less than 24h Prior check in will be charge in full.
* One time cleaning fee of $70 per reservation will apply
Submit your review
Secret Cedars is a quiet and cozy getaway with a great view of the ocean and mountains. The place was clean and despite being a pet friendly cabin when you walk in it smells totally fresh and clean. It looks just like the pictures. We liked that there was no TV - we pulled out the playing cards instead. They could maybe use some more games in this cabin for those rainy days. However there is WiFi. The entire property is nicely landscaped and maintained, and all of our dealings with the company went smoothly. We will be back again soon!
Beautiful fully equipped condo exactly as shown in pictures. No TV needed in this
Wonderful place. A fan for bedroom would be nice.
Highly recommend Secret Cedars. Unfortunately
There was fire ban during our stay so could not enjoy fire pit outside.
Very Nice well equipped cottage, we had a great stay. Only thing missing is a TV for those long nights.
Secret Cedars was a high end, well equipped house. It was comfortably furnished and absolutely nothing was missing. The house is situated in a beautifully landscaped resort like setting with a safe place for kids to play,. Four of us stayed for four days and loved the views, the location and would highly recommend recommend this house.
The cabin was beautiful and exactly as the pictures show. The kitchen was fully stocked with items that you wouldn't think would be there (food processor, spices, condiments), and being a pet-friendly cabin - it was clean and didn't have that dog smell.
The bed was comfortable, the ocean view was awesome and it was so peaceful! We will definitely be back!
- Being a new cottage development, there is construction of new cottages in the area. Please refer to the Map tab of the cottage page you want to rent to view the green area that indicate the future phase. You will be able to compare where the work is, in comparison to that specific cottage you wish to rent. The work will be going from Monday to Thursday from approximatively 7am to 7pm. Weekends will be left with minimal activity.
- There is no cell service in Port Renfrew.
- All cottage are provided with WIFI :)
- There is no gas station in Port Renfrew, but it is coming up soon :)
- The cottages are fully equipped with dishes, towels and sheets
- Firewood for the outdoor fire pit is also provided. (Useful to bring: Paper and or fire starter for outdoor fire pit.)
- 4PM Check-in time / 11am Check-out time