- Sleep Up to 4 (using sofa bed)
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathroom: 1
Bedroom: 1Queen Bed
Livingroom: Queen size Sofa Bed
The Great Escape is our most private cottage and features a full sized hot tub, spectacular ocean, mountain and forest views from the bedroom and the +600 sq. ft. raised cedar deck. This cottage is at the end of the road and is at the highest point in the development, directly adjacent to the rain forest on two sides.
Outside you will find a spacious deck, a hot tub and ample parking spaces. The deck is well equipped with an outdoor wood burning fire pit, a propane burning fire pit and a covered BBQ area that includes a stand up bar. Plenty of firewood is stocked at the side of the cottage for the outdoor fire pit (free of charge).
Inside will accommodate two comfortably or a family of four. It is a modern cottage newly built in 2011, that includes a fully equipped kitchen with stove, oven and microwave, a mobile butcher block island, a queen size bed in a separate bedroom and queen hide-a-bed in living area, Cable TV, Netflix, with ample DVD’s and player, along with WiFi are all provided.
Low Season: (Oct 1st- April 30)
$175/night (2 nights minimum)
High Season: (May 1st - Sep 30th)
$235/night (2 nights minimum)
Cancelation Policy: Guest must cancel or modify booking 24h before check-in time (4PM). Any cancellation or reduced stay made less than 24h Prior check in will be charge in full.
* One time cleaning fee of $95 per reservation will apply
Submit your review
The cabin had everything we could have wanted. Very private. It was cold outside so we did not take advantage of hot tub or deck as much as we wanted but we will certainly try to return. We stayed two nights and it was a great way to relax and reconnect ..... a week would have been amazing! Thank you. Also our little dog loved to look over the deck down the hill at the view, she felt very big.
We recently stayed at The Great Escape and couldn't have been happier with our experience! The cottage was larger than we expected and incredibly comfortable. The view was more than impressive from the very large deck overlooking the other cottages. It felt like we were on top of the world! Our power went out for a full day however it was not an inconvenience to us at all as the cottage was fully stocked with whatever we needed to make it through. The BBQ was perfect for cooking on and the fire pit was lovely to sit sit around at the end of the evening with one of the blankets provided.
We loved how private it was.. especially when we were relaxing in the hot tub.
We plan on coming back as often as we can! Thank you Ian and Jodi!
We had a very nice, silent and peaceful time at Barnacle Bills! We mostly enjoyed the silence and natur in the area around Port Renfrew. The cottage was beautiful end perfectly equipped. If we would have had the time, we would have wished to stay longer :)! Thanks again!
Amazing getaway after our wedding up Island. All of the basics you need to enjoy restful days. Close to hiking, fishing, General Store & the pub!! Would have been awesome to have been able to have a fire in the deck fire pit but fire ban was on. Very private cabin as at the end of no thru road. Quiet area with water views, great deck set setup to enjoy a glass of wine!
Just a short review here.Barnacle Bill's has it all.The deck is huge with a beautiful forest right beside it and an incredible view of water and mountains.We saw bald Eagles,Cardinals and many other beautiful birds within 30 minutes of sitting on the deck!The whole area is very quiet and peaceful,i will be back soon.
- Being a new cottage development, there is construction of newer cottages in the area. Please refer to the Map Tab to view where the ‘Future Phase’ construction is located. You will be able to see where the work is, in comparison to this specific cottage. The work will be going from Monday to Thursday, approximately 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Weekends normally have minimal work activity.
- There is no cell service in Port Renfrew.
- All cottages are provided with WIFI :)
- There is no gas station in Port Renfrew, but it is coming up soon :)
- The cottages are fully equipped with dishes, towels and sheets
- Firewood for the outdoor fire pit is also provided. It will be useful to bring: paper and or fire starters for outdoor wood fire pit, as often the provided wood is damp.
- Check-In time is 4:00 p.m.
- Check-Out time is 11:00 a.m.