Port Renfrew Town
The West Coast experience of a fabulous outdoor destination.
About Port Renfrew
Port Renfrew: A small village on the southwest coast of Vancouver Island, where you can experience the tranquility and beauty that has made the West Coast so famous. Port Renfrew has a history rich in forestry and fishing, and today offers some of the best salmon and halibut fishing in North America. Tourist information, supplies, accommodation, camping facilities and fishing charters are all available in Port Renfrew.
Port Renfrew is home of Botanical Beach Provincial Park and is best known as the trailhead for both the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail and the historic West Coast Trail, a world-famous hiking trail on the rugged coastline. Both routes are rigorous hikes, with steep grades and roaring surf at almost every turn.
Port Renfrew provides visitors with the ultimate West Coast experience. It has all the makings of a fabulous outdoor destination, with wildlife, rivers, lakes, beaches, camping, hiking, fishing, surfing, and huge old-growth trees.
Town of Port Renfrew
Port Renfrew is located at the end of the scenic West Coast Road (Highway 14), on the southwest coast of Vancouver Island, runing along the thin strip of Vancouver Island’s southwestern coastline between Sooke to Port Renfrew, including French Beach, China Beach, and Botanical Beach Provincial Parks, and the southern terminus of the West Coast Trail, 69 miles (112 km) northwest of Victoria.
Handsome Dan’s offer the perfect Port Renfrew Accommodation. Settle in for a true West Coast experience & Book Today your room, cabin, or luxury oceanfront cottage.
– Artisan Gallery offers Fine Art & Prints / Photography / Wood Art/ T-Shirt / Pottery / Bird Feeders / Baby Gift / Souvenirs / Garden Ornaments / Kites & more…
Open High season only: From Mid June to mid Sept.
Call Bob: 250-412-6115 Email: email@example.com
– The General store, also the Liquor store is well equipped in dry goods, milk, bacon, bread and more.. No fresh meat and limited amount of fruit and vegetable.
Open daily: 9AM to 7PM
– Port Renfrew has a regular gas station, gas can be purchased at the Pacheedaht Gas Bar year round. For up to date hours check google. As listed Monday – Saturday 9-5pm, Sunday 10-6. Phone (250) 647-0127.
Pacific Gateway Marina
– Pacific Gateway Marina It is the closest marina form Handsome Dan’s Cottages. Only 5 min walk down the long staircase form the cottage community, or if you prefer, you may use the road access. For moorage or any other information about the Pacific Gateway Marina:
Call (250) 412 – 5509 Fish Plant: 250-647-0050
Port Renfrew Marina
– Port Renfrew Marina is located at the southern end of the West Coast Trail. PLEASE NOTE: First come, first serve — No reservations. Cash only. There is an ATM for your convenience. Marina store selling fishing supplies, snacks, hot food, ice, and the only gasoline sales in Port Renfrew. Call (250)-483-1878
Fishing | Hiking | Places to Eat | Surfing & Kite Surfing | Kayak & Canoe | Beachcombing | Port Renfrew | Sooke to Port Renfrew | Whale Watching
Read Ken and Joy’s story on taking over for Handsome Dan & The French Girl.
We took over for Handsome Dan and the French Girl in Dec 2020 and we cannot wait to see where this vacation property management will take us.
6574 Baird Rd
Port Renfrew, Bc
It’s the Best time To invest in Port Renfrew
Invest in Port Renfrew. A Vancouver Island coastal community in the heart of the rainforest, only a two-hour drive from Victoria (and 3 hours from Seattle and Vancouver) with the warmest, most moderate climate in Canada.
Seize the day. Opportunities abound in Port Renfrew. Find your ocean front chalet or suite, or perhaps your little cottage in the woods in Port Renfrew. Or maybe discover that piece of ground with a view of the Pacific where you can build your dream home or the family cottage.